The Business Development position is responsible for promoting and selling service agreements for Growth of CCG Automation locally, regionally, and nationally. Determine customer needs using a consultative Total Cost of Ownership approach and develop sales strategies to meet those objectives. Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers. Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support the sales plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage & grow opportunities by proactively calling new prospects, sales leads or customers
- Establish long-term business relationships with new customers
- Develop comprehensive account strategies to win new business
- Present, propose, negotiate & close new accounts using a consultative sales approach
- Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives
- Make necessary sales presentations to customers and management as requested
- Business development activities including, but not limited to:
- Attending industry-related association events
- Participation in trade shows
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to work successfully with a variety of people
- Apply interpersonal skills to influence & persuade stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Communicate regularly with Senior Vice President to provide information on specific issues, sales, information, and concerns
- Keep detailed sales forecasts of identified & proposed opportunities utilizing the company’s CRM software
- Prepare sales reports as required
- Remain proficient & knowledgeable on company’s service offerings
- Partner with internal departments to communication customer needs
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual with ability to prioritize own work to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Must be energetic & have a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Strong work ethic & ability to perform with minimal supervision and work well as part of a team
- Position requires travel as related to clients, training or management meetings
- Performs other duties as required
Education and Experience
Must have excellent communication skills; have the ability to persuade and close sales. Ten (10) + years of sales experience in a related business with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable. Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. HVAC knowledge is strongly preferred.
Required Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record and background check.
Required Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Desired Computer / Software Knowledge
- Microsoft Word (Advanced)
- Microsoft Excel (Beginner – Intermediate)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Beginner – Intermediate)
- Microsoft Outlook
- CRM software
Physical Activities and Environment
The following physical activities described are representation of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the associate is continuously required to talk or hear; frequently required to sit; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At CCG, we offer Competitive Benefits - Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; Prescription coverage; Life insurance; Short- and long-term disability coverage; 401(k) plan with choice of investment options; biweekly direct deposit; and Professional Development - training opportunities.
CCG Automation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are a top performer and you meet the qualifications listed above, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Project of the Year
CCG was recognized by Association of Energy Engineers
Leetonia Exempted Village School See Big Reduction in Energy
Check out the message we just received from Leetonia
Exempted Village Schools!
Mechanical Upgrades at St. John Bosco Church
CCG Automation Completes Campus Wide Metering Project at Akron Childrens Hospital
CCG Automation Completes Lighting Upgrades at James A. Garfield Local Schools
Olmsted Falls Middle School Completes Control Upgrades
» View Archived News