Exciting opportunity for a self -motivated and dedicated individual who possesses the ability to work independently or with limited supervision in a fast growing, building automation company! As a Controls Engineer you will be responsible for the design of building automation systems using company tools and operating standards to produce the most cost effective, energy efficient solutions for our customers.
As a Controls Engineer with CCG Automation you will be part of a team that is responsible for the sequences, drawings, and databases for each project. You will work closely with the software and installation departments to design and create these building automation systems.
- Responsible for the successful overall hardware and software design of CCG projects, as well the implementation of the Engineering department procedures and standards used in the installation, commissioning, and documentation of controls projects.
- Ensure all drawings, materials, check out books and documentation required to complete a project are on hand at the proper location to ensure the scheduled timeline and budget requirements are met.
- Complete assigned projects on or before the scheduled submittal date by coordinating with and facilitating the various internal personnel and external organizations. This would include control valve submittals, damper submittals, airflow station submittals, water flow meter submittals, as well as equipment coordination.
- Submit RFI’s to engineers and architects.
- Work closely with architects and engineers during the design stage.
- Responsible for assembling and distributing project submittals.
- Full and direct responsibility to complete projects according the Engineering hours that are allotted for all assigned projects.
- Fully read and understand project scope of work, contract documents, and project specific sequence of operations.
- Continuously fine-tune standard sequences of operation to ensure systems are operating most energy efficiently while providing a comfortable environment.
- Prepare, maintain and track engineering project correspondence.
- Research existing or specified HVAC mechanical systems to determine the best integration of controls.
- Analyze existing client’s mechanical and electrical HVAC systems to determine best solution for customer.
- Perform on-site research of existing conditions/equipment for project design as needed.
- Generate rough-in coordination drawings for use by electrical contractors.
- Lead project turnover meetings with software, installation, sales, and administration.
- Attend job meetings prior to installation.
- Actively participate in weekly project review meetings with software, installation, and administration.
- Create accurate and efficient bill of materials and equipment schedules based upon contract documents.
- Work with purchasing to track material from order status to delivery at job site.
- Complete as-built documentation for each project assigned.
- Participate in solution of job-related problems.
- Develop new and maintain existing customer relationships with mechanical and general contractors, consulting engineers, architects, and building owners.
- Utilize Automated Logic’s dealer website and stay current on technical data and solutions for existing problems and updates.
- Stay abreast of industry developments for energy savings strategies, new products, and technologies.
- Continuously identify areas needing improvement and implement changes to increase effectiveness and productivity.
- Be an active member of industry- related groups such as ASHRAE.
The ideal candidate is independent, process oriented, and self -motivated. If you possess these attributes and you are looking for growth opportunities apply for this position today!
General Performance Criteria:
- Ability to write, edit and understand sequences of operations.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and schematics.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with members of the company, clients and other outside contacts.
- Ability to work as team player, be flexible and maintain positive attitude.
- Anticipate and be able to meet short and/or unpredictable deadlines.
- Proactively look to continually improve processes and procedures.
- Understand and conform to company policies and procedures.
- Recognize and utilize the company’s resources effectively and efficiently.
- Plan, organize and carry out assigned job responsibilities within established time parameters.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with various size groups and actively contribute to the discussion/meeting.
- Conducts self-study and attend training classes to improve knowledge of required job skills and stay abreast of industry changes.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Competent working with Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Extensive overall computer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences with a minimum of three years engineering experience in the building controls industry.
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of HVAC/mechanical systems.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience designing building control and monitoring systems, including ancillary systems and products such as valves and dampers.
- Some knowledge of third-party integration concepts with experience in BACnet and Modbus preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone.
- The employee is sometimes required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch; crawl.
- The employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Be able to use small hand, power tools.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance visions, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must adhere to company dress code.
- Must have neat personal appearance.
- Must be courteous and diplomatic.
- Business is to be conducted with the highest level of personal integrity.
- Maintain a positive demeanor.
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Ability to pass formal background check, both BCI (Ohio) and FBI.
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Will be required to complete a personality profile.
Energy Project of the Year
CCG was recognized by Association of Energy Engineers
Leetonia Exempted Village School See Big Reduction in Energy
Check out the message we just received from Leetonia
Exempted Village Schools!
Mechanical Upgrades at St. John Bosco Church
CCG Automation Completes Campus Wide Metering Project at Akron Childrens Hospital
CCG Automation Completes Lighting Upgrades at James A. Garfield Local Schools
Olmsted Falls Middle School Completes Control Upgrades
» View Archived News