Changing an industry from a low-quality, low first-cost industry to a high-quality, value-based industry is not an easy goal. It requires a special kind of team that is open to continually challenging themselves. At CCG we are proud of our team and our many accomplishments – from our results-focused projects to our international awards. It hasn’t been easy – and not everyone is suited to be part of a team with such a lofty goal.
It’s easy to exceed your customers’ expectations when the expectations are continually lowering. Our focus is to continually raise the bar in our industry – and jump over the bar with each project we perform.
If you have been looking for a company that you can be proud to work for, one that makes a difference for its employees, its customers, and the environment we live in, look no further. Send us your resume and a cover letter and let’s begin the process to see how we can help each other reach our goals.
A Controls Technician is responsible for overseeing the installation of a specific job as well as the direct responsibility to the startup of the systems. This includes checkout of the VAVs, Exhaust Fans, Unit Vents, AHUs, Hot Water Systems, Chiller Water Systems, and Lighting.
You will also be responsible for learning to use Automated Logic’s WebCTRL Building Automation Systems software and applying it in the installation setting. This includes but not limited to using trends to identify problems, modifying and updating small graphics changes, setting up a WebCTRL server, and loading programs and graphics into equipment.
The focus of this position is on building performance including comfort and energy performance. Although this is not an HVAC service position, field experience is an important part of this position. Training will be provided for energy performance requirements.
- Assist with installation of web-based building automation system and controls as directed by Supervisor.
- Be able to proficiently checkout VAVs, Exhaust Fans, Unit Vents, AHUs, Hot Water Systems, Chiller Water Systems, and Lighting.
- Monitor customer buildings during installation to ensure optimum performance standards are being achieved.
- Perform checkout of operation between control system and mechanical systems before startup and commissioning to ensure proper installation and programming.
- Provide service support to customers both on-site and remotely while on-call.
- Complete Check-out sheets and update As-built drawings during installation.
General Performance Criteria:
- Communicate with customers to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Effectively provide feedback to supervisor for ways to improve the installation process.
- Ability to write, edit, and understand sequences of operations.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and schematics.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with members of the company, clients, and other outside contacts.
- Manage multiple projects and tasks while remaining very organized.
- Ability to work as team player, be flexible, and maintain positive attitude.
- Anticipate and be able to meet short and/or unpredictable deadlines.
- Understand and follow company policies and procedures.
- Recognize and utilize the company’s resources effectively and efficiently.
- Plan, organize, and carry out assigned job responsibilities within established time parameters.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Conducts self-study to improve knowledge of required job skills and stay abreast of industry changes.
- HVAC and/or Controls service experience.
- Knowledge of HVAC/Mechanical systems.
- Basic understanding of computer programming language.
- Competent working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Extensive overall computer experience.
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone.
- The employee is sometimes required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch; crawl.
- The employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Be able to use small hand, power tools.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance visions, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Ability to pass formal background check as well as BCI (Ohio) and FBI.
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
Energy Project of the Year
CCG was recognized by Association of Energy Engineers
Leetonia Exempted Village School See Big Reduction in Energy
Check out the message we just received from Leetonia
Exempted Village Schools!
Mechanical Upgrades at St. John Bosco Church
CCG Automation Completes Campus Wide Metering Project at Akron Childrens Hospital
CCG Automation Completes Lighting Upgrades at James A. Garfield Local Schools
Olmsted Falls Middle School Completes Control Upgrades
» View Archived News