As a Project Engineer, you will be part of a team that is responsible for the building automation system design, programming, development of graphics and trends, and continuous improvements for the high-quality projects we deliver to our customers. You will be part of a team whose goal is to deliver more powerful and easier-to-use building automation systems that improve building comfort while reducing overall energy usage and environmental impact.
Roles and Responsibilities
Design new software applications to support product innovations and enhancements necessary to expand CCG’s capabilities and maintain our status as an industry leader.
- Responsible for the successful enhancement of software design on selected CCG projects
- Responsible for creating custom solutions and add-on modules to support the design process in order to address our customer’s building automation needs
- Work with owners’ IT Department, if necessary, to implement newly developed features
- Learn the roles of other team members to be available for support when needed.
- Write, document, and maintain program standards.
- Create and modify system HVAC equipment and system programs using Automated Logic’s Eikon® software.
- Create databases using Automated Logic’s SiteBuilder program.
- Help create graphics using Automated Logic’s ViewBuilder program.
- Provide software and startup assistance on equipment integration (BACnet, Modbus, etc.).
- Assist with troubleshooting client networks.
The review and validation of the systems include but is not limited to the following items:
- Check mechanical and controls equipment per CCG Standards. Verify software is working in sync with controls system.
- Ensure alarms are being generated and sent to proper location.
- Complete the open items list on projects as requested.
- Understanding of HVAC equipment (AHU’s, Chillers and Boilers)
- Be able to write, edit and understand Sequences of Operations.
- Be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and schematics.
- Ability to work as team player, be flexible and maintain positive attitude.
- Anticipate and be able to meet short and/or unpredictable deadlines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Relationship Management
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This position operates in a professional office environment along with some time in a field setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers phones, printers and copiers. This position will also use industry specific tools including thermal scanners, air-balancing tools, meters, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position requires overtime as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and two years’ experience.
- Advanced understanding of BACnet and Modbus.
- Experience with XML/SOAP a plus.
- Experience with Apache Tomcat server a plus.
- Knowledge of HVAC/Mechanical systems.
- Comfortable with reading and modifying control programs.
- Must understand control logic.
- Basic understanding of computer programming language (Java) and other web-based technologies.
- Experience with Automated Logic’s Eikon® software a plus (to learn more about Eikon go here: http://www.automatedlogic.com/product/eikon-logicbuilder-for-webctrl/).
- Knowledge of building mechanical and electrical equipment functions and use and HVAC systems controls applications.
- Knowledge of commonly used networks and network topologies.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Ability to pass formal background check, both BCI (Ohio) and FBI.
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Will be required to complete a personality profile.
Energy Project of the Year
CCG was recognized by Association of Energy Engineers
Leetonia Exempted Village School See Big Reduction in Energy
Check out the message we just received from Leetonia
Exempted Village Schools!
Mechanical Upgrades at St. John Bosco Church
CCG Automation Completes Campus Wide Metering Project at Akron Childrens Hospital
CCG Automation Completes Lighting Upgrades at James A. Garfield Local Schools
Olmsted Falls Middle School Completes Control Upgrades
» View Archived News