We are looking for a responsible Warehouse Helper to join our team! This position will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks of the warehouse including receiving and organizing all parts needed for projects and service. You will also be responsible for warehouse cleanliness, and facilities upkeep as well as fleet maintenance. You will assist with inventory management.
A Successful candidate will be a team player, detail oriented, highly organized and enjoys hard work in a fast-pasted environment. This position is not for someone who is looking to sit behind a desk all day and must be able to work 7:30 – 4:30 with overtime when needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Purchasing & Inventory Control
- Communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
- Operates forklift truck as needed.
- Assists in unloading trucks, checks in material and match purchase orders to packing slips.
- Moves materials from receiving or storage areas to designated areas.
- Assembles requested orders from stock and place on pallets or shelves.
- Assists with Return Material Authorizations and credit purchase orders.
- Assists with physical inventory, both annual and monthly cycle counts.
- Warehouse & Facilities
- Ensures warehouse is accessible and safe for people traffic.
- Sweeps and organize warehouse and work area for orderliness.
- Ensures that facility equipment is properly maintained.
- Solicits pricing for building contracts, such as snow plowing, cleaning, and landscaping.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems as required.
- Cleans and assists with upkeep of the facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Fleet Maintenance
- Develops schedules and procedures for and ensures adherence to routine maintenance and non-routine repair of all vehicles in the company’s fleet.
- Tracks expenses related to fuel and truck maintenance.
- Ensures vehicles are kept clean and tidy.
- Coordinates towing as needed.
- Establishes a schedule for recommended replacement of fleet vehicles.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ethical Conduct
- Technical Capacity
- Must be efficient in a multi-tasking with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks while remaining organized
- Possess a flexible and positive attitude and work as a team player.
- Anticipate and be able to meet short and/or unpredictable deadlines.
- Ability to manage inventory
- Ability to analyze data and provide insights from data
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, walk, sit and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone; sometimes required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch; crawl; be able to stand for extended periods of time; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position will have occasional overtime requirements.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- MS Office experience background.
- Be able to drive a box truck.
- Forklift Operation Certification preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Ability to pass formal background check, both BCI (Ohio) and FBI.
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Will be required to complete a personality profile.
CCG Helps EHOVE Career Center During Pandemic
EHOVE Career Center has a new tool called needlepoint bi-
polar ionization as part of its safety & wellness efforts
during the pandemic that will also be a long-term asset. The
ionization system is very effective in killing COVID-19, as
well as other viruses, bacteria and molds, including
Akron Children's Hospital Considine Building Win Energy Award
The American Society for Health Care Engineers announced
that Akron Childrens Hospital has won an Energy to Care
Gold Standard Award.
Energy Project of the Year at Strasburg-Franklin Local Schools
CCG was recognized by Association of Energy Engineers.
Leetonia Exempted Village School See Big Reduction in Energy
Check out the message we just received from Leetonia
Exempted Village Schools!
CCG Automation Completes Campus Wide Metering Project at Akron Childrens Hospital
CCG Automation recently completed a campus-wide metering
project at Akron Children's Hospital to help track energy
usage throughout the campus.
CCG Automation Completes Lighting Upgrades at James A. Garfield Local Schools
CCG Automation recently completed lighting upgrades at the
High School/Middle School in the James A. Garfield Local
School District, located in Garrettsville, OH.
» View Archived News