We are looking for a top performer to fill our current need for a Controller position. If you are an ambitious hardworking individual who enjoys working to grow a company, apply to fill our immediate need as described below. The Controller plans, organizes, directs, and controls the accounting and control function of the Company and reports operational results.
Responsible for directing an organization's accounting functions. These functions include establishing and maintaining the organization's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Preparing financial reports and presents findings and recommendations to top management. Demonstrating expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position provides a wide variety of operation financial support to various departments. This position encompasses the financial aspect of projects and service as well as the overall financials for the company.
- Coordinates and administers an adequate plan for the control of operations.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards.
- Forecasts short-range and long-range cash requirements and obligations, as a basis for maintaining adequate funds.
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control, internal auditing, and ensuring proper insurance coverage.
- Provides other company units with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Keeps the President informed of the Company’s performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
- Monitors inventory levels and advises management regarding variances to budget.
- Develops and presents to the President matters requiring his decision.
- Provide monthly and annual financial statements with analysis and suggestions for improvement.
- Assist with development of annual corporate budget using historical data and forecasting.
- Works with sales and the president to develop sales forecasting and company financial goals.
- Responsible for overseeing A/P and A/R.
- Responsible for all commission plans.
- Process payroll bi-weekly.
- Ensure prevailing wage paperwork is accurate.
- Responsible for month end, quarter, and year end close.
- Responsible for financials.
- Responsible for oversight of inventory.
- Responsible for accounting software, maintaining updates and accuracy of program.
- Responsible for all A/R billings for operations and service.
- Oversee activities of all disbursements, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Work with outside CPA firm to assure corporate income tax compliance is prepared timely.
- Responsible for all project reports.
- Review overall profitability of project contracts.
- Responsible for analysis of manpower needs based on forecasted project schedules and deadlines.
- Create monthly Payment Applications for current projects according to contract requirements. Create Schedule of Values based on project costs incurred.
- Responsible for change orders on projects.
- Responsible for project financing
- Responsible for managing the entire lien process to ensure all necessary steps are taken during the project process to initiate lien rights when needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Accounting Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone; the employee is sometimes required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch; crawl; the employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 35 lbs; be able to stand for extended periods of time; specific vision abilities include close vision, distance visions, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position regularly requires overtime.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience ideally gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Finance.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ recent experience as a Controller with responsibility for accounts, budgeting, cost accounting, credit and collections, and finance.
- Experience in the construction accounting.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities, and demonstrated ability to manage microcomputer operations and applications.
- Sound administrative skills. Well-developed management skills- principles and people.
- Competent working with Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) products and other related software.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Ability to pass formal background check, both BCI (Ohio) and FBI.
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Will be required to complete a personality profile.
CCG Helps EHOVE Career Center During Pandemic
EHOVE Career Center has a new tool called needlepoint bi-
polar ionization as part of its safety & wellness efforts
during the pandemic that will also be a long-term asset. The
ionization system is very effective in killing COVID-19, as
well as other viruses, bacteria and molds, including
Akron Children's Hospital Considine Building Win Energy Award
The American Society for Health Care Engineers announced
that Akron Childrens Hospital has won an Energy to Care
Gold Standard Award.
Energy Project of the Year at Strasburg-Franklin Local Schools
CCG was recognized by Association of Energy Engineers.
Leetonia Exempted Village School See Big Reduction in Energy
Check out the message we just received from Leetonia
Exempted Village Schools!
CCG Automation Completes Campus Wide Metering Project at Akron Childrens Hospital
CCG Automation recently completed a campus-wide metering
project at Akron Children's Hospital to help track energy
usage throughout the campus.
CCG Automation Completes Lighting Upgrades at James A. Garfield Local Schools
CCG Automation recently completed lighting upgrades at the
High School/Middle School in the James A. Garfield Local
School District, located in Garrettsville, OH.
» View Archived News