Our busy, customer-focused office needs a reliable, well-organized Programmer that has a strong understanding of programming principles and practices and is able to use those skills to develop efficient and maintainable software solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Programmer to develop, implement, and sustain an Energy Management Program that increases comfort and decreases utilities cost in customers’ buildings.
- Writing, documenting and maintaining program standards.
- Creating and modifying system HVAC equipment and system programs using Automated Logic’s Eikon® software for projects.
- Create databases using Automated Logic’s SiteBuilder program.
- Help create graphics using Automated Logic’s ViewBuilder program.
- Providing software and startup assistance on equipment integration (BACnet, Modbus, etc.).
- Assisting with troubleshooting client networks.
- Developing high quality features and enhancements to existing software through Eikon® add-ons or through third party programs.
- Understanding of HVAC equipment (AHU’s, Chillers and Boilers)
- Providing solution of job-related software issues.
- Be able to write, edit and understand Sequences of Operations.
- Be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and schematics.
- Ability to work as team player, be flexible and maintain positive attitude.
- Anticipate and be able to meet short and/or unpredictable deadlines.
- Ability to work with various size groups and actively contribute to the discussion/meeting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Relationship Management
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position regularly requires overtime.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and two years’ experience.
- Advanced understanding of BACnet and Modbus.
- Experience with XML/SOAP a plus.
- Experience with Apache Tomcat server a plus.
- Knowledge of HVAC/Mechanical systems.
- Comfortable with reading and modifying control programs.
- Must understand control logic.
- Basic understanding of computer programming language (Java) and other web-based technologies.
- Experience with Automated Logic’s Eikon® software a plus (to learn more about Eikon go here: http://www.automatedlogic.com/product/eikon-logicbuilder-for-webctrl/).
- Knowledge of building mechanical and electrical equipment functions and use and HVAC systems controls applications.
- Knowledge of commonly used networks and network topologies.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Ability to pass formal background check, both BCI (Ohio) and FBI.
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Will be required to complete a personality profile.
CCG Helps EHOVE Career Center During Pandemic
EHOVE Career Center has a new tool called needlepoint bi-
polar ionization as part of its safety & wellness efforts
during the pandemic that will also be a long-term asset. The
ionization system is very effective in killing COVID-19, as
well as other viruses, bacteria and molds, including
Akron Children's Hospital Considine Building Win Energy Award
The American Society for Health Care Engineers announced
that Akron Childrens Hospital has won an Energy to Care
Gold Standard Award.
Energy Project of the Year at Strasburg-Franklin Local Schools
CCG was recognized by Association of Energy Engineers.
Leetonia Exempted Village School See Big Reduction in Energy
Check out the message we just received from Leetonia
Exempted Village Schools!
CCG Automation Completes Campus Wide Metering Project at Akron Childrens Hospital
CCG Automation recently completed a campus-wide metering
project at Akron Children's Hospital to help track energy
usage throughout the campus.
CCG Automation Completes Lighting Upgrades at James A. Garfield Local Schools
CCG Automation recently completed lighting upgrades at the
High School/Middle School in the James A. Garfield Local
School District, located in Garrettsville, OH.
» View Archived News