Green Local Schools
House Bill 264
Energy Conservation Program
- Project Cost:
- Projected Annual Energy Savings:
The project will address several Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) in the Middle, Intermediate, Primary, Elementary, and High Schools, as well as the Stadium including:
- Boiler piping and control sequence upgrades to improve boiler system efficiency.
- Building automation upgrades throughout the High School.
- Lighting upgrades to include lamp/ballast upgrades, fixture replacements, and parking lot lighting at the stadium.
- Mechanical upgrades to the kitchen exhaust and makeup to reduce outside air and address building pressurization issues.
- Installation of synchronous drives and variable speed drives on designated equipment.
Projected Annual Savings
- 1,227,295 kWh of electricity
- 3,209 MCF of natural gas
- Operational savings
Along with the energy and cost savings for the building, the positive environmental impact of this project extends far beyond this community. Projected energy reductions by Green Local School District will prevent a significant amount of pollutants from being emitted into the atmosphere each year, including an estimated:
- 1,816,766 lbs. of carbon dioxide
- 19,638 lbs. of sulfur dioxide
- 9,843 lbs. of nitrogen oxide
Combined, these projected energy savings are equivalent to taking 134.58 cars off the road.
No Images Found.
» Return to Success Stories
Akron Children's Hospital Considine Building Win Energy Award
The American Society for Health Care Engineers announced
that Akron Childrens Hospital has won an Energy to Care
Gold Standard Award.
Energy Project of the Year at Strasburg-Franklin Local Schools
CCG was recognized by Association of Energy Engineers.
Leetonia Exempted Village School See Big Reduction in Energy
Check out the message we just received from Leetonia
Exempted Village Schools!
CCG Automation Completes Campus Wide Metering Project at Akron Childrens Hospital
CCG Automation recently completed a campus-wide metering
project at Akron Children's Hospital to help track energy
usage throughout the campus.
CCG Automation Completes Lighting Upgrades at James A. Garfield Local Schools
CCG Automation recently completed lighting upgrades at the
High School/Middle School in the James A. Garfield Local
School District, located in Garrettsville, OH.
Mechanical Upgrades at St. John Bosco Church
CCG recently completed mechanical upgrades at St. John Bosco
Church in Parma Heights, Ohio to address comfort and energy
» View Archived News