Strasburg-Franklin K-12 School, Strasburg-Franklin Local Schools
The district addresses comfort issues energy and high operational cost in nine-year-old K-12 building.
Strasburg-Franklin Local Schools recently completed an energy project with CCG Automation that addressed comfort issues and high energy and operational costs in their nine-year-old K-12 building. The project included a replacement of the building automation system and numerous mechanical design/installation issues.
- Installation of a new building automation system (BAS). The new system provided improved controls on the hot and chilled water systems, terminal unit equipment, and primary HVAC equipment and ancillary equipment.
- The new BAS allows the school to easily schedule the building by zone promoting energy and maintenance savings.
- It also provides advanced trending capabilities to help diagnose and troubleshoot equipment quicker and more effectively allowing the staff to be more efficient and save money.
- Occupancy sensors were installed in the gymnasiums to control the existing lighting fixtures in the HS/MS and Elementary Gymnasium.
Current $ 86,395
Energy Star™ Rating
Annual Savings $132,484
Over the life of the building, Strasbug-Franklin Local Schools will save more than $14.9 million* in utility costs. *Based on Ohio K-12 schools average.
- Type of HVAC System: Variable Air Volume
- Year Built: Phase I 2007, Phase II 2010
- Square Footage: 103,693
No Images Found.
» Return to Success Stories