Performance Assurance Specialist
Changing an industry from a low-quality, low first-cost industry to a high-quality, value-based industry is not an easy goal. It requires a special kind of team that is open to continually challenging themselves. At CCG we are proud of our team and our many accomplishments – from our results-focused projects to our international awards. It hasn’t been easy – and not everyone is suited to be part of a team with such a lofty goal.
It’s easy to exceed your customers’ expectations when the expectations are continually lowering. Our focus is to continually raise the bar in our industry – and jump over the bar with each project we perform.
If you have been looking for a company that you can be proud to work for, one that makes a difference for its employees, its customers, and the environment we live in, look no further. Send us your resume and a cover letter and let’s begin the process to see how we can help each other reach our goals.
The Performance Assurance Specialist Team at CCG is a big reason why our customers enjoy the most comfortable buildings with the lowest energy consumption in their respective market. The Team is the final step in our installation process and is responsible for validating that all systems are operating according to CCG’s rigorous Sequences of Operation. In addition to the controls, the Team also reviews the mechanical systems, certain electrical systems, metering and building envelope.
If you are looking to join a winning team that delivers first-class service to our clients - where knowledge and innovation thrive, this is the position for you! As a Performance Assurance Specialist, you are part of ensuring that our clients receive the high-performance from their buildings that only CCG can offer!
Roles and Responsibilities
As part of the Performance Assurance team, you are responsible for ensuring all control systems installed by CCG are operating properly to provide our clients with an energy-efficient, high-performance building. Your time will be split 80/20 with the majority being spent on-site working with building systems, and the remaining time spent inside the CCG office.
The ideal candidate is independent, systems and process-oriented, and customer service focused who is well versed in all aspects of HVAC Building Automation\Energy Management\Systems Integrations\DDC and has Tridium Niagara certification. Additionally, this candidate will understand advanced control systems, sequence of operations, IT networks, and smart HVAC equipment. You need to be able to:
- Checkout mechanical and controls equipment and verify it meets CCG standards.
- Verify software is working in sync with controls system.
- Validate these efforts through analysis using EPA’s Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- Ensure alarms are being generated and sent to proper location.
- Communicate with customers regularly to review building and service needs and be fully committed to ensuring all customers receive the highest level of service.
- Perform on-site continuous validation on both projects and service contracts.
- Perform calibrations and monitor and fine-tune WebCTRL systems to ensure optimum performance standards are being achieved.
- Use trending in the building automation system to assist you with any fine-tuning that may be required.
- Review the controls submittals to ensure the systems designed will meet the project requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Installation and Service departments to ensure customers receive the highest standard of service in the industry. This includes providing feedback and training to the other departments on ways to implement projects more efficiently
- Troubleshoot using industry tools that include a thermal scanner, air-balancing tools, meters, etc.
- Provide prompt responses to any external or internal requests for information. This may include developing and continually updating an Open Items List for issues that may need to be addressed by CCG, the design team or other trades.
- Identify additional opportunities for building enhancements and make appropriate recommendations to customers (i.e. HVAC repairs, etc.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ethical Practice
- Relationship Management
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven/Flexibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in a field setting, along with some time in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses industry specific tools including thermal scanners, air-balancing tools, meters, etc., and standard office equipment such as laptop computers phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to occasionally use small hand and power tools. Must be able to regularly climb ladders.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This position regularly requires overtime. Occasional 2nd shift work and on-call.
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Controls/HVAC industry
- Knowledge of HVAC/Mechanical systems
- Integration experience: Tridium Certification is a bonus.
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and schematics and the ability to understand sequences of operations
- Able to read and understand project drawings and specifications
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Some knowledge of third-party integration concepts with experience in BACnet and Modbus preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Ability to pass formal background check, both BCI (Ohio) and FBI.
- Ability to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Will be required to complete a personality profile.
CCG Helps EHOVE Career Center During Pandemic
EHOVE Career Center has a new tool called needlepoint bi-
polar ionization as part of its safety & wellness efforts
during the pandemic that will also be a long-term asset. The
ionization system is very effective in killing COVID-19, as
well as other viruses, bacteria and molds, including
Akron Children's Hospital Considine Building Win Energy Award
The American Society for Health Care Engineers announced
that Akron Childrens Hospital has won an Energy to Care
Gold Standard Award.
Energy Project of the Year at Strasburg-Franklin Local Schools
CCG was recognized by Association of Energy Engineers.
Leetonia Exempted Village School See Big Reduction in Energy
Check out the message we just received from Leetonia
Exempted Village Schools!
CCG Automation Completes Campus Wide Metering Project at Akron Childrens Hospital
CCG Automation recently completed a campus-wide metering
project at Akron Children's Hospital to help track energy
usage throughout the campus.
CCG Automation Completes Lighting Upgrades at James A. Garfield Local Schools
CCG Automation recently completed lighting upgrades at the
High School/Middle School in the James A. Garfield Local
School District, located in Garrettsville, OH.
» View Archived News